Sika 519842 600ml Sikaflex Pro Concrete Grey Polyurethane Joint Sealant
Sikaflex®-PRO is a one component, thixotropic, polyurethane based joint sealant. It cures under the influence of atmospheric moisture to form an elastomeric material with adhesive properties, in some cases without the need for priming of the substrate.
Sikaflex®-PRO is supplied throughout the world by Sika® and conforms to the most stringent sealant standards, for example:
- US Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Type II, Class A.
- BS4254: For one part polyurethane based sealants for the building industry.
- JIS A 5758: For one part polyurethane based sealants for the construction industry.
- New Sikaflex®-PRO will bond well to well cleaned Sikaflex®-PRO
- Excellent adhesion on all cement based materials, brick ceramics, polyurethane, epoxy, most polyester, most metals and most timbers
- High durability
- Good weathering resistance
- Non-sag on vertical and soffit joints up to 30 mm width
- Short skinning time
- Short cut off string, even after storage
- Ready for immediate use – no mixing, saves time
- No potential mixing errors or wastage due to mixed quantities being greater than required
- Can be painted over with many water, solvent and rubber based paints (preliminary tests recommended)
- Approved for use in potable water (AS4020:2005)
- Resistant to bacterial attack
- Expansion joints in buildings and civil structures above and below ground
- Construction joints
- Joints in precast concrete elements
- External walling and cladding joints
- Infill panel joints
- Curtain walling
- Sanitary installations
- Sealing around window and door frames
- Flexible draught proofing
- Sealing penetrations in walls or floors for ducts, piping etc
- Retaining walls.
- Colour: Concrete Grey*
- Density: 1.25 to 1.3 kg/litre depending on colour
- Basis: Moisture curing polyurethane prepolymer
- Application Temperature: 5°C to 40°C
- Service Temperature: -30°C to 70°C (maximum +40°C in water and temporarily +50°C)
- Shelf Life: Minimum 12 months stored dry below 30°C unopened in original container
- Shore A Hardness: 23 to 27 after 28 days (at 23°C, 50% R.H.)
- Elastic Recovery (JIS A 5758 1992): >80%
- Tensile Strength (JIS A 5758 1992): >0.2 MPa @50% elongation @+23°C
- Elongation at Break: >500%
- Skinning Time (at 23°C, 50% R.H.): 2 to 4 hours
- Cure Rate (at 23°C, 50% R.H.): 2mm in first 24 hours
*Note: Colours are shown as a guide only. For true representation of colours please contact your local Sika® office or Technical Sales Representative.